Tribes Green Impact Policy
Tribes operates at the intersection of technology and responsibility, fostering a fully remote culture that allows for greater flexibility and lesser environmental impact. Our Green Impact Policy outlines our robust commitment to sustainable practices in a distributed working environment.
Our mission is to continually decrease our environmental footprint through innovative, remote-first practices and robust digital infrastructure. We strive for transparent accountability, aiming for relentless improvement and inspiring eco-conscious behaviour within our industry and communities.
Digital Infrastructure and Energy Usage
- Cloud Providers: We exclusively use cloud data centres that are powered by 100% renewable energy, including providers like GCE, DigitalOcean, and Krystal.
- Energy Audits: Even though we are cloud-based, we are committed to conducting annual reviews of our digital energy consumption to identify areas for efficiency gains.
Communication and Collaboration
- Digital Tools: Our primary communication methods include Google Workspace and Slack. We continually evaluate the environmental policies of our suppliers and seek out greener alternatives when applicable.
- Green Suppliers: We maintain a list of preferred green suppliers and make it a point to engage with companies with strong eco-friendly practices.
Carbon Offsetting and Emissions
- Carbon Auditing: We’re actively in the process of evaluating our carbon emissions with a view to offsetting them through certified schemes.
- Green Partnerships: We aim to partner with organisations involved in sustainability initiatives, further extending our positive impact on the environment.
- Digital Paperwork: All contract negotiations and paperwork are conducted digitally, thereby reducing our consumption of paper and other physical resources.
Hardware and Devices
- Sustainable Devices: In cases where we provide hardware, we opt for devices with a verifiable supply chain and from companies making impactful and measureable differences to the production cycle of their products.
- BYOD Policy: We encourage a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy to reduce the need for additional hardware, thus minimising waste and promoting reusability.
Last Updated: September 2023